Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Movies quotes


A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it.
Alfred Hitchcock

A lot of movies are about life, mine are like a slice of cake.
Alfred Hitchcock

A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end... but not necessarily in that order.
Jean-Luc Godard

A wide screen just makes a bad film twice as bad.
Samuel Goldwyn

Adding sound to movies would be like putting lipstick on the Venus de Milo.
Mary Pickford

Am I a romantic? I've seen 'Wuthering Heights' ten times. I'm a romantic.
Johnny Depp

And in movies you must be a gambler. To produce films is to gamble.
Douglas Sirk

Nobody makes movies bad on purpose.
Roland Emmerich

Shoot a few scenes out of focus. I want to win the foreign film award.
Billy Wilder

So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
Christina Aguilera

Sometimes in movies, I still have to be the hero, but it's not all that important to me anymore.
Dennis Quaid

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Alfred Hitchcock

The movies are the only business where you can go out front and applaud yourself.
Will Rogers

The movies we love and admire are to some extent a function of who we are when we see them.
Mary Schmich

Give me a couple of years, and I'll make that actress an overnight success.
Samuel Goldwyn

'Home Alone' was a movie, not an alibi.
Jerry Orbach

I don't take the movies seriously, and anyone who does is in for a headache.
Bette Davis

I don't think you should feel about a film. You should feel about a woman, not a movie. You can't kiss a movie.
Jean-Luc Godard

I just like movies that somehow expose the world in a way that's different than you imagine it.
Alex Winter

I make movies I want to see.
Neil LaBute

No comments:

Post a Comment